TOPIC: Problem executing task

Problem executing task 22 Nov 2007 22:14 #34

• josorio
Hi,

I've just installed the application "Logicity Solution Builder", I've configured the task with everything (name, report, user and password database, parameter, etc). and when trying to execute the task and export the report I've got the next error:

"Report filepath not valid"

For sure the report exist, the permission are ok, I can execute the report in Crystal Report in the same server and it works... I've tried to install the application in two servers and the same issue.

Does somebody know what happen?

Thanks.

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem executing task 23 Nov 2007 18:47 #35

• aellis
If you double-click on the Logicity Solution File while logged in at the system you are scheduling from does the action correctly execute? I'd like to rule out the Solution File as being the problem first. Please note that UNC paths are not (yet) supported for the file name in Logicity.

If it does run correctly when not a scheduled task, I've seen this kind of behavior before caused by the user name / password combination being used in the scheduling process. When using scheduled tasks that require mapped network drives to function correctly, you have to be careful that the user name you are providing would have those drives mapped if they were logged in themselves. This can be verified by logging in as that user on the scheduling system and checking if the mapped drives exist.

I've also seen some issues before caused by the task being scheduled as a local user (that doesn't have network access) as opposed to a domain user. If you are on a Windows domain, try creating the task with the user name [code:1]DOMAINNAME\username[/code:1] where DOMAINNAME is the name of your domain and username is your user name (for me, I am [code:1]SABERLOGIC\aellis[/code:1]).

If all else fails, you can always manually create the scheduled task by going to Task Scheduler in the Control Panel, selecting to add a new task, and for the command to run browse out to your Logicity Solution file.

Let me know if any of these have helped or what results you are seeing and I'll try to help out further.

Good luck,
Adam

Post edited by: aellis, at: 2007/11/30 11:00

Re:Problem executing task 30 Nov 2007 14:08 #40

• josorio
Taking apart the problem about scheduling task (it's not still solved), now I've got another problem when executing a report directly with "logicity desktop", it seems it runs, but when executing I've got next error:

"u2lpdmtime.dll not found for formula PDMTimeToDateTime"

it means, that dll is not found in the system and when I execute the report directly with Crystal Reports there's no problem, it works perfectly!! and it works perfectly too from Logicity Desktop when this formula is not in the report. I dont know in which path I should copy this dll to make work Logicity.

I attach new error.

By the way, I will reply you previous mail.
Attachments:

Re:Problem executing task 30 Nov 2007 14:14 #41

• josorio
If you double-click on the Logicity Solution File while logged in at the system you are scheduling from does the action correctly execute? I'd like to rule out the Solution File as being the problem first. Please note that UNC paths are not (yet) supported for the file name in Logicity. I schedule everything in the server where the report and application are, everything is in the same system, I mean, report, scheduled task, application logicity, only the database is in another server. And I do it with Administrator Server user and I logg in in the domain

If it does run correctly when not a scheduled task, I've seen this kind of behavior before caused by the user name / password combination being used in the scheduling process. When using scheduled tasks that require mapped network drives to function correctly, It does not required mapped network drives you have to be careful that the user name you are providing would have those drives mapped if they were logged in themselves. This can be verified by logging in as that user on the scheduling system and checking if the mapped drives exist.

I've also seen some issues before caused by the task being scheduled as a local user (that doesn't have network access) as opposed to a domain user. The user with which I log in is Administrator in the server and I logg in in the domain as well If you are on a Windows domain, try creating the task with the user name DOMAINNAME\username where DOMAINNAME is the name of your domain and username is your user name (for me, I am SABERLOGIC\aellis).

If all else fails, you can always manually create the scheduled task by going to Task Scheduler in the Control Panel, selecting to add a new task, and for the command to run browse out to your Logicity Solution file.

Let me know if any of these have helped or what results you are seeing and I'll try to help out further.

Re:Problem executing task 30 Nov 2007 18:57 #42

• aellis
Ok, I was able to get this DLL working on my end with Logicity Desktop and I believe your problem is due to the absence of the file u2lcom.dll (or it being not being in a location Logicity knows to look). Can you do a search of your hard disk for that file and see if you have it first of all? If you have it, try putting it along with u2lpdmtime.dll in the folder
C:\Windows\Crystal
. If you are missing the file I can send it to you directly.

Re:Problem executing task 30 Nov 2007 18:59 #43

• aellis
For some reason the forum software stripped out my slashes on that path. It should be C: BACKSLASH Windows BACKSLASH Crystal. I'll try putting it in code tags here to see if that preserves the slashes:

[code:1]C:\Windows\Crystal[/code:1]

Re:Problem executing task 30 Nov 2007 19:38 #44

• aellis
Note: Jorge and I continued this discussion via e-mail and we resolved his DLL situation by putting the files in C:\Windows\Crystal. We will continue troubleshooting his scheduling issues on Monday.

Re:Problem executing task 05 Dec 2007 15:18 #45

• josorio
Hi,

if I create a new task with Logicity Solution Builder, anything works, I create a new task introducing the report, user and password of database and I say to save it hard disk and nothing happen when I execute it.

I think this application contain too many errors, when all of them are solved I will try again to install it.

Thanks for everything.

Re:Problem executing task 05 Dec 2007 18:21 #48

• aellis
Sorry you are having so many troubles. I'll give you some additional suggestions here, but if you want to wait for the next release that is fine as well.

* If you are scheduling a report to be run to a printer, e-mail, or saved to disk, it will only do so if the report has records. This is to say, if the report returns 0 records it will not save out a blank file.

* So if you create a Logicity Solution file for your report for a View action, does it work correctly (i.e. something comes up on the screen)?

* Which file format are you attempting to export to? Have you tried alternate formats (such as PDF)?

If you'd like to e-mail me your RRD file that may give me some additional insight as well.

Thanks,
Adam