TOPIC: Will not export from solution builder

Will not export from solution builder 11 Dec 2008 13:20 #351

• awhipp
I have a very simple report that is not grouped or anything. I am trying to export this to a CSV file, and will not work. If I change the action to view, it comes up just fine and shows 5 rows of data. But if I change the action to "save", nothing happens, no matter what type of export file I pick. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Some additional Info -- The report is Crystal XI. I tried Logicity 1.5 and 1.6 with no luck. I have a parameter field, but it never even asks me for the parameter. If I choose view, it asks me for the paramtere and everything is fine, but not when I choose save. Thanks,

UPDATE -- It seems to work if I specify the parameter field ahead of time. Is that normal? I would like to specify the parameter field at runtime. Thanks,

Adam
Last Edit: 11 Dec 2008 13:34 by awhipp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Will not export from solution builder 11 Dec 2008 13:38 #352

• aellis
Adam,

Unfortunately, in the current version of Logicity the only way you can be prompted for parameters is with the view action. For Save, E-mail, or Print you must explicitly define the parameters in Logicity Solution Builder otherwise the action will fail. I bet that is what is hanging things up. We plan on resolving this issue in Logicity 2.0, but that is still quite a ways off (if I was to estimate a date I'd say March 2009).

Take care,
Adam

Re:Will not export from solution builder 11 Dec 2008 14:10 #353

• awhipp
Thanks, but I have one more question. Is there any way to do either of these two things:

1. Save as CSV, but do not use quotes around string values
2. Save as TXT, but do not paginate (by that I mean do not add blank rows after data)

Thanks again,
Adam

Re:Will not export from solution builder 11 Dec 2008 14:39 #354

• awhipp
Never mind......I just had to set the options correctly in the report before I saved it. Thanks,

Adam