TOPIC: Text delimiter

Text delimiter 02 Apr 2009 14:20 #417

• darthmus
Just installed version 1.6.0013 of the viewer and was very happy to see the ability to export to csv file. Is there a way to remove the " as a text delimiter. I am having to export a file to upload and cannot have the "" in the file

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Text delimiter 17 Sep 2009 10:13 #522

• nickcartwrightfcs
Hi Darthmus,

I have the exact same issue did you find any solution to this?

Cheers

Re:Text delimiter 17 Sep 2009 11:58 #523

• aellis
Great timing on your post! We actually just released a new version (1.6.0017) that will remove the " character from your CSV files under the E-mail and Save actions. I believe we may still need to add this routine for when you are viewing a Crystal Report and use the Export button to go to CSV; we'll fix that very soon.

Let us know how this works for you,
Adam

Re:Text delimiter 22 May 2012 19:13 #994

• samemerson
Hi,

I am a new user and considering purchasing Logicity Pro, but have run into an issue.

I am trying to schedule a report to run daily using solution builder. I need the file to save as a .csv. I believe when the file is saved, it is being saved without the " delimiter. Without this delimiter, data I want to appear in one field is divided into several (for example,the "Address, City" field needs to be kept together).

When I export from the viewer, the data exports in the format I need, however I really want to schedule it. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re:Text delimiter 22 May 2012 19:22 #995

• sduranceau
Hi Norma!

It is not currently possible to manipulate the CSV formatting, but we are working on this, and will hopefully be adding this feature over the summer.
I hope this helps!
-Devin