TOPIC: Solution: Citrix: No FileTypes content redirection

Solution: Citrix: No FileTypes content redirection 07 Jul 2009 12:49 #459

• aellis
This message was found on another website (allaboutmicrosoft.net/forums/t/105012.aspx) and is being re-posted here for future forum searches. All credit goes to the author at the mentioned website:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Original Question:
==================
Hi all,

We've got a PS4.5 farm, clients are using XenApp client v11.
Content redirection is working fine for most apps.

I've just installed a piece of software called Logicity Desktop. It's an alternative to Crystal Reports.
However after publishing the app it seems there are no file types available in the content redirection.

I've ran the "Update File Types from registry" tool on every server.
Windows file type assocations are working fine on the servers in question.

Checked this page and everything seems ok but it's just not giving me the option.
support.citrix.com/article/ctx115676

Its not the mindmanager issue either support.citrix.com/article/CTX111130

I suspect it's just that the Logicity software wasn't written very well.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.................

Reply:
======
Solution: Citrix: No FileTypes available under content redirection.
Was able to solve this myself in the end.

Turns out the reason for this problem turned out to be something which could be listed as a citrix bug.

In the case of applications (such as Logicity) that have a space in the filename of the application executable, content redirection does not 'synchronise' file types from the servers registry.

The space in the name of the file path to Logicity Desktop, as displayed in Application Location section of published app was the main problem.

In order to resolve this issue, follow the steps below:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the actual executable for Logicity Desktop. Rename it from "Logicity Desktop.exe" to "LogicityDesktop.exe"

2. Update the path in the application location properties so it no longer has a space.

3. Ensure the registry has the correct file type associations by following steps below.

Open a command prompt and run the command assoc .rpt
This will list the current file type associations for RPT files.

In order to clear the current file type associations, run the assoc. rpt= command

Then run assoc .rpt command again and the return should be "File association not found for extension .rpt"

In order to associate RPT files with a Logicity FileType run the command below:
assoc .rpt LogicityDesktopFile

Confirm the assocation was stored by running assoc .rpt

Next step is is associate the LogicityDesktopFile filetype with the new path to the Logicity Application without the space.

In a command prompt type Ftype LogicityDesktopFile
to find out which app this filetype uses.

To clear this setting, type Ftype LogicityDesktopFile=

To update this setting, type Ftype LogicityDesktopFile="D:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\LogicityDesktop.exe"

Finally, in the CAMC, right click on each server and select All tasks > Update file types from registry.

Now when you go into Content Redirection Tab of Logicity application you should be able to see RPT file type.

Thats it....
The administrator has disabled public write access.