TOPIC: Report with multiple datasources wont open

Report with multiple datasources wont open 07 Oct 2009 11:13 #533

• jalexander
Hi,

I have one report that has 4 data sources that are all on the same SQL box, but for some reason the report won't open it asks for a username and password, if I run a report that has 1 data source it seems to work no problem. Has anyone had an issue like this before?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Report with multiple datasources wont open 07 Oct 2009 11:59 #534

• aellis
That is, unfortunately, a limitation with the current version of Logicity. Because we have only a single set of credentials in the RRD file we can only handle a single database connection (and the rest will be prompted). As a work-around, I have found that if I pick a single database to base my report on and use views within that database that refer to the other databases I can get by with the single set of credentials. For example, if I have two databases: VMFG and VQ and my report is based primarily on VMFG but I need some data from VQ as well, I will create views within VMFG that point to VQ similar to this:

SELECT PRODUCT_PLAN_DATA.PO_NUMBER FROM VQ.dbo.PRODUCT_PLAN_DATA AS PRODUCT_PLAN_DATA

Then all of the objects on my report are coming from the same database.

In the planned "2.0" release of Logicity we are going to handle multiple database connections better, but that is going to require a complete re-work of the RRD file schema (we're going to go to XML as opposed to the simple format we use now).
The administrator has disabled public write access.