TOPIC: date/time parameter in RRD file

date/time parameter in RRD file 13 Nov 2009 12:58 #556

• hawkeyesoftware
I get an error running an RRD file that I create, and it would appear that the logicity view does not like the timestamp variable I am passing. (Error in "Invalid Report File Path" ) .

If I take out the time hh : mm : ss, it works, which means it is seeing the time as some kind of file delimiter or something.

Here is my RRD file that does not work:

;WORKSPACE_MODE=FALSE
ViewReport[335 Metrics Reprint v5.0]=C:\cgs\sapphire\reports\335 Metrics Reprint v5.0.rpt?param[sfn]=149901AUT_10/10/07 01:31:58¶m[gmt_offset]=0¶m[UserName]=system¶m[Classification]=na&

If I take out the 01:31:58, it runs fine, (but does not return any data . )
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2009 12:59 by hawkeyesoftware.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:date/time parameter in RRD file 13 Nov 2009 13:22 #557

• aellis
The ":" character in a Logicity Solution File is a separator for when there is a range of values in the current version, so that is why it is giving you troubles. Unfortunately the only work-around I can think of at this point would be to break down the date portion of your parameter into separate hour, minute, and second parameters and put them back into a datetime within Crystal. Not a pretty work-around, but it is all I can think of.

Re:date/time parameter in RRD file 13 Nov 2009 13:48 #558

• hawkeyesoftware
It would be a good improvement to have a string delimiter that could be defined to "wrap" the data for the parameter in. Most people would use a set of "" (double quotes), but something configurable in the Logicity install would probably be the safest bet.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in the future.