TOPIC: Cannot Export

Cannot Export 08 Aug 2010 23:42 #646

• bellis
I'm trying to run an RRD file to export a report to Excel and then PDF. It's not working. When I run the RRD, the Logicity splash screen opens and shows a progress bar than seems to indicate that it is working, but it closes without an error message and there are no export files.

What should I be looking for?

Dan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cannot Export 09 Aug 2010 11:58 #647

• aellis
Dan,

Is it possible that your main report has zero records? We have logic built into Logicity that will skip an action if the recordcount for the main report is zero. This is intended to prevent the output of a report if it is blank but we've had some other users that use the main report as a container for subreports that contain the data and that would supress as well. The workaround, if this is the case, is to have at least 1 record on the main report even if the detail section is suppressed.

-Adam

Re:Cannot Export 10 Aug 2010 05:19 #648

• bellis
Unfortunately not. When the report runs in Crystal Designer, there are records.

Also when I open the report in Logicity Viewer, the report opens, displays the records, and if I click Export I can export to Excel or PDF. I also have a scheduled Logicity job that emails a report in PDF format and that works. But the Save function under the Action tab seems not to work.

Re:Cannot Export 21 Sep 2010 16:42 #670

• chaz.redman
Just installed the 1.6.0023 and have the same issue. Able to run the RRD with the view action and it works great. Change View Action to Save or email and it does not work.

Re:Cannot Export 22 Oct 2010 19:56 #681

• guyapp@gmail.com
I'm currently having the same issue. My RDD solution file that is configured to save to PDF is not working. My main report and my subreports get data. If I configure the solution file to VIEW it works great and I can export from there. But when I change my solution file to SAVE, it does not save it - but it does bring it up in view mode.

Re:Cannot Export 03 Oct 2011 17:45 #887

• acouron@crockerglobal.com
Is there any way to set the logic to not skip an action if the report returns zero records?

I have a customer that would like a report indicating zero records for the month as opposed to just not get a report.

Greg
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2011 17:53 by acouron@crockerglobal.com.

Re:Cannot Export 03 Oct 2011 19:26 #888

• sduranceau
Hello Greg!

Currently, there is no way to do this, although it is on our feature list.
You should find a way so that the report always returns at least one record (i.e. drop a table onto the canvas that always has data).