TOPIC: Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file

Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file 10 Jan 2008 21:39 #72

• ckesen
Whenever I try to run a report either in Desktop or Solution Builder I get the following 2 error messages.

Method not found: 'Void
CrystalDesicions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ISCRPromptingRequestInfo.set_RequestOptions(CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel.PropertyBag)'

And then this message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This report runs fine in Crystal Reports itself. Any ideas what is causing this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file 12 Jan 2008 01:44 #74

• bellis
Hi,

Could you attach the solution file you are using when you get this error. Please make sure you remove any username or password information, but it will really help me track down what is going on.

Also any additional information you could provide would be helpful.
What version of Crystal Reports did you develop this in?
What type of database is this connecting to?
Have you tried running the report file w/o a solution file to see if the same thing occurs?
What version of Logicity is this (you can get this in Add/Remove Programs, find Logicity, click on the link that says Click here for support information)?
What version of .Net do you have installed?

If you don't know any of these things, it is not a big deal but as much information as possible can help me troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file 05 Sep 2008 19:38 #269

• kdash@calquality.com
I am receiving the errors referenced on the posting of 1/10/2008 (13:39). Has any solution been determined for this. The errors occur running the report from Logicity Desktop. The save file is not created from Logicity Solution Builder, so it also must be recognizing this problem. I CAN run the report from Crystal Professional v XI. I am accessing a Progress database using Epicor's Vantage ERP system v803.403D. The Progress database is at version 10.1B. I am using Logicity ver 1.5.0012. Attached is the rrd file and the Crystal report. Let me know if you need additional input to resolve this.

Karl Dash
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file 05 Sep 2008 19:42 #270

• kdash@calquality.com
The files referenced in the previous post are in a zip format attached.

Karl Dash
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachment logicity.zip not found

Attachments:

Re:Error Message when trying to runn an rrd file 06 Sep 2008 02:31 #271

• aellis
Karl,

Can you try upgrading to Logicity 1.6 and see if that fixes it? I believe that error is occurring because Logicity 1.5 is built with the Crystal XI R2 SDK and you are probably running Crystal Reports XI (not R2) on your computer. 1.6 is built with the 2008 SDK so it should bypass the issue if that is the case.

Let us know,
Adam