TOPIC: Database Login - Failure

Database Login - Failure 06 Oct 2011 15:12 #890

• Boon1000
Our Crystal Report ODBC's are set up to use Windows NT authentication. I have each user setup as a Login in the SQL Server Management Studio with datareader privleges for the databases involved. This has worked fine for a while now. When a user opens a Crystal Report the Logicity Viewer uses their Windows credentials and displays the report without asking for a password. Recently users have started getting a Database Login popup (see attachted screenshot) requesting login information. Even if I enter valid login info the login attempt fails (signified by another popup message). It's a periodic occurence that seems to be happening more and more frequently. Often the user only needs to wait a few minutes, try again, and then it will work. This occurs on all platforms from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Win 7. I don't know where to begin to troubleshoot this issue. If you have any ideas I would like to hear them.

Some more info about our environment.
Crystal Reports XI
SQL Server 2005
Windows Server 2003 Std
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Database Login - Failure 02 Dec 2011 23:19 #909

• clkirkland
I ran the program and the rpt reports in XP and it works fine.

I just upgraded to Win 7 and now it is giving me the database login failure.

Re:Database Login - Failure 03 Dec 2011 16:16 #911

• aellis
Can you have a look at this topic and see if this resolves your issue? It is a pretty common fix we are finding:

www.logicitysuite.com/support/support-fo...&id=784&catid=11#784

Re:Database Login - Failure 05 Dec 2011 13:29 #912

• Boon1000
This issue has been resolved for us by a third party so I don't know the particulars. I believe it was caused by some old DNS info still hiding on our SQL Server box.

Re:Database Login - Failure 05 Dec 2011 13:33 #913

• Boon1000
Therese - if the Windows 7 upgrade also included a change to a 64 bit system then your issue could be ODBC related. Logicity requires a 32 bit ODBC. The 32 bit console can be accessed by entering %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe into the RUN prompt.