TOPIC: Output HTML as one page

Output HTML as one page 27 Sep 2012 14:14 #1175

• ballaben
I have a report I output as an HTML every 10 minutes. The production floor can then just refresh their browser and get the most up to date information.

The problem is that the HTML output is 10 pages long and the operators must continually click "next page" to find what they are looking for. My previous Crystal viewer software (Easyview) would output the HTML as one long page and all the operator had to do was scroll down to find the information they were looking for.

Any idea on how to do this with Logicity Pro v1.7?

Thanks,

Bruce
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Output HTML as one page 09 Dec 2013 21:23 #1489

• mgergel
I know this is old but if anyone else was trying to do this here is how.
Go to your Logicity instillation folder
Find Formats.xml
Edit the file with notepad
Under HTML
Find "<HTMLEnableSeparatedPages>True</HTMLEnableSeparatedPages>"
Change "True" to "False"
Save the file and rerun the export.
All your report should be on one page.
If you only want to have some export this way just use the HTML 32 format for one page view and use HTML 40 for separated page view.

Output HTML as one page 25 Aug 2014 04:42 #1628

• Quiligence
I've tried the format.xml edit and though I was continuing to receive multiple HTML files because of the paged output. The strange thing is the individual page files are formatted well but when they're concatenated into one page, The formatting is including a lot of extra space between rows.

Are there any undocumented commands for the format.xml file related to HTML output? I suppose I can try the same kind of formatting that I do for tightly formatted Excel output.
Last Edit: 25 Aug 2014 04:51 by Quiligence.

Output HTML as one page 25 Aug 2014 11:41 #1629

• aellis
The Formats.XML file is only utilized if you have a Pro version of Logicity. Do you have a Pro keycode?

Output HTML as one page 25 Aug 2014 11:45 #1630

• Quiligence
Nope. Not yet. I was trying to test the primary use for the utility BEFORE I committed to buying it. But thank you for setting me straight on that. I didn't see any mention of that being the case in the documentation or features listing.

Output HTML as one page 25 Aug 2014 11:47 #1631

• aellis
If you want to give it a test run before committing to purchase just e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and they can hook you up with a trial license.