TOPIC: Email report using adresses in report

Email report using adresses in report 17 Apr 2008 23:10 #149

• blansinger
Is it possible to email the report that is compiling to recipients within the refreshed report? Meaning if John doe's name populates in the report can the software then send the email to his address that is in the report?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Email report using adresses in report 17 Apr 2008 23:27 #150

• aellis
Brad,

We've typically done what you are talking about as a custom app bolted on top of Logicity, but with a litte creativity you can do it with Logicity by itself. What you'd want to do is develop an application or a report that exports out a valid Logicity RRD file and then run the resulting file through Logicity. For example, if I have a customer table that I want to burst out one personalized e-mail per customer, you'd want to output something like this:

[code:1]
;WORKSPACE_MODE=FALSE
EmailReport[Bursted E-mail]=C:\Users\aellis\Desktop\Logicity Weekly Webinar\Report Files\01 - Direct With No Password Needed.rpt?recip=customer1@domain.com&subj=Attn Bill Smith&msg=&export=Adobe Acrobat (PDF)&smtpserver=mail.server.com&smtpport=25&smtpauthentication=True&smtpuser=user&smtppassword=password&fromaddress=sales@server.com&
EmailReport[Bursted E-mail]=C:\Users\aellis\Desktop\Logicity Weekly Webinar\Report Files\01 - Direct With No Password Needed.rpt?recip=customer2@domain.com&subj=Attn Jan Miller&msg=&export=Adobe Acrobat (PDF)&smtpserver=mail.server.com&smtpport=25&smtpauthentication=True&smtpuser=user&smtppassword=password&fromaddress=sales@server.com&
[/code:1]

...where each of the detail records of your application or report is writing a new EmailReport line. Make sense?

Adam

Re:Email report using adresses in report 21 Aug 2008 07:44 #250

• blansinger
adam:

when you say use an application, do you mean build a crystal report with some sort of formula or parameter within that contains the code you displayed?

Also you say report that exports out a valid Logicity RRD file and then run the resulting file through Logicity. so do yo umean just create one rrd file to do the email address extraction part, and another for to do the emailing?

Can you try to explain a little more slowly for me, I admit I am a bit of a newbie with all crystal can do? If you would like to contact me directly please feel free.

1 more thing do you now if the professional version (with the vaiables turned on) could be used to simply put in the email address form the report that way?

Thanks for any help

Brad