TOPIC: Ideas for how to create a compare report

Ideas for how to create a compare report 13 May 2008 00:29 #189

• blansinger
What I am trying to do is to create a report that will look at another autmatically exported report (called out monthly snapshot) in excel format.

I need to evaluate a specific record field has changed. IE our IT dept needs a monthly deactivation report that shows who was removed from staff. That would mean their current staff field would change form Y to N. I need to create a report that looks at the snapshot report tha logicity exports 1 time a month & compare it to the current values in our database. However everytme I ask crystal to look at the excel sheet & the current values via SQL crystal throws an error & wont run.

Any odeas on how I could use logicity to get this data out still using crystal on a monthly basis?

Thanks,
Brad
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ideas for how to create a compare report 13 May 2008 01:04 #190

• aellis
Brad,

Working with mixed data sources can be kinda tricky sometimes. If you write a report based solely on the Excel output it probably works fine, right? What I'd do is use Excel on your main report and then use your database connection as a subreport so that you don't need to do any linking (that is the thing Crystal doesn't seem to handle well).

HTH,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logicity Logo White 300

526 S Main St., Suite 805, Akron, OH 44311 USA
sales@logicitysuite.com