21 Logicity Features You Might Be Missing Out On
Have you upgraded to the newest version of Logicity?
During 2013 and 2014, we saw the maturation of Logicity Crystal Reports viewer and sheduler version 1.7 and the brand new release of version 1.8. In case you haven't been following our blog updates, here is a synopsis of some of the 21 major features and changes that have appeared since it's initial release in 2012.
- Multi-database authentication
- Built on Crystal Reports runtime 14
- Added buttons to control visibility of 'Open As PDF', 'Open As XLS', 'Send As E-mail', and 'Send As HTML E-mail'
- Added options to control whether reports with no records on the main report have their actions skipped
- Added SSL support to E-mail action
- Added CC and BCC support to E-mail action
- Added option to clear saved report data
- Fixed bug where SMTP information can get cleared when re-editing a RRD line in Logicity Solution Builder
- Added solution builder fields for 'Database Server' and 'Database Name'
- Added Excel XSLX support
- New feature to define icon layout for Logicity workspaces in Logicity Solution Builder
- View option now supports a "headless" mode with auto-refresh for use on kiosk-style applications
- Added VBScript support for custom variables in Logicity Solution Files
- Suppress If No Records checkbox is now enabled for the free version of Logicity
- Updated 'Before Install' info to accurately reflect current runtime requirements
- Updated installer so that 'Export Format Options' shortcut now opens in notepad
- Updated installer to include a link to the correct ODBC control panel regardless of CPU
- Updated scheduler to include the domain name by default
- Added logic to auto-create folders if they do not exist when using the save action
- Added automatic directory creation for log files if they do not already exist
- Option to not discard saved data when viewing RPT files directly
We have hundreds of thousands of users on version 1.6 and 1.7. If you are one of them, what features are you missing out on? There are more features being added and features being released every few months. With so many new features coming soon, why not get current on the latest version and follow our blog for new releases and updates.
Download Logicity 1.8 Free Buy Logicity Pro 1.8 Now Learn more about upgrading
About the Author
Eli J Remington
Eli is the web marketing director and a partner at SaberLogic, a professional services firm that provides custom development, programming services, integration consulting and technical support for Infor ERP VISUAL and Epicor ERP. SaberLogic also specializes in Crystal Reports development, custom programming and custom web development. Follow Eli on Google+ and Linkedin.