Logicity Crystal Report Viewer & Scheduler - v1.5.0 Released
SaberLogic is pleased to announce the release of Logicity version 1.5. Logicity is a ground-up re-write of SaberLogic RPT Tool and has many improvements and additional features.
SaberLogic is pleased to announce the release of Logicity version 1.5. Logicity is a ground-up re-write of SaberLogic RPT Tool and has many improvements and additional features. The following is a summary of the main differences:
1. There are now two versions - Logicity and Logicity Pro. Logicity is meant to be a feature-compatible replacement for RPT Tool and is free now and forever. Logicity Pro is a fully supported version of Logicity that adds the following features:
- Password protection of RRD files.
- Encryption of RRD files.
- Workspace mode, which turns your RRD into a point-and-click list of reports that your users can run on demand.
- Custom actions, allowing you to add things other than Crystal Reports to your RRD files (like Word documents).
- Logging, allowing you to keep a log of each time your users run a report.
- Lock down the viewer controls (i.e. hide the print button).
- Variables that can be used in all fields of the RRD.
2. The process of creating an RRD file is now entirely graphical using Logicity Solution Builder. RRD files can be scheduled from here as well.
3. If you wish to just view an RPT file and your database doesn't require a username and password, you are using Active Directory authentication, your ODBC driver stores the password, or you don't mind the user being prompted for it, you can now simply double-click on the RPT file instead of creating an RRD to view it.
4. Now all data types are supported for parameters (string, date, boolean, discrete, discrete multiple, range, range multiple).
5. The RRD file format has been extended to support many new features. Your current RRD files should be compatible with Logicity, but you will first need to open them into Logicity Solution Builder and then re-save them.
Thank you for your interest in Logicity.
-Logicity Product Team
Next Step? Download, Buy, or Upgrade Logicity!
Updated on 08/20/2016
About the Author
Eli J Remington
Eli is the web marketing director and a partner at SaberLogic, a professional services firm that provides custom development, programming services, integration consulting and technical support for Infor ERP VISUAL and Epicor ERP. SaberLogic also specializes in Crystal Reports development, custom programming and custom web development. Follow Eli on Google+ and Linkedin.