TOPIC: Runtime Variables not working with Scheduled tasks

Runtime Variables not working with Scheduled tasks 02 Mar 2017 17:03 #2509

• Drew.Tittle
I purchased the Pro version of Logicity yesterday with the intent to schedule a couple reports to run over night and save as a PDF with a date stamp in the name so we can keep a history of the reports.

On the Action tab I have Save as PDF selected and in the filename I have added the runtime variable for CurrentDate to the end of the filename (%CURRENT_DATE%)

If I run the RRD with the "Execute RRD" button in solution builder it generates the PDF with the correct "ReportName_3-2-2017.pdf" filename.

If I schedule the RRD in Task Scheduler and run the scheduled task it generates the PDF with the variable name rather than the date e.g. "ReportName_%CURRENT_DATE%.pdf" is there a way to make this work? It sort of defeats the purpose of buying the pro version if runtime variables are only respected when the report is run interactively by a user. The whole of buying pro was to automate our report generation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Runtime Variables not working with Scheduled tasks 02 Mar 2017 17:49 #2511

• mholbrook
Hello,

It sounds like you need to register your copy of Logicity. These variables are not activated until Logicity is registered as Pro. Can you go to the start menu, saberlogic logicity, then register. Thanks!

Matt

Runtime Variables not working with Scheduled tasks 02 Mar 2017 18:20 #2513

• Drew.Tittle
Thanks for the reply,

I have verified my license is registered in the registration tool.

Also the variables work when I run the RRD from inside solution builder, but if I schedule the RRD when it run it puts the %CURRENT_DATE% variable string in instead of the date. So I know the variables are activated they just don't seem to work in all situations. I found a post from 2014 elsewhere on the forums mentioning the same issue:

www.logicitysuite.com/forum/logicity-sol...-saving-to-file.html

Runtime Variables not working with Scheduled tasks 02 Mar 2017 18:25 #2515

• Drew.Tittle
Dupe
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2017 18:27 by Drew.Tittle. Reason: Reply window didn't update to show it was posted so I clicked submit again.