• Page:

TOPIC: Scheduler not working

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 13:59 #1677

• lynbarr
I am using Logicity Professional 1.7 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit operating system.

I have an rrd that works fine, when executed manually.

When I schedule it, I receive the "successfully scheduled" message. However, the schedule doesn't run. The error in Task Scheduler is that there is an invalid directory path.

I corrected that by manually editing a few things in the Scheduler: First, on the General tab, I changed the "Configure for" setting to the proper OS. For some reason, it defaulted to an old OS.

Next, in the Actions tab, I edited the Program/Script so it included only the executable. I also had to enclose that line in double parentheses. Finally, I moved the --quiet C:\restOfPath to the Add Arguments line.

When I saved with these changes and run the task, I get an "operation completed successfully" message. However, it actually doesn't run the rrd, and no emails are sent.

Can you please help get this working?
Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 14:12 #1678

• bellis
Hi Lynbarr,

I will take a look at it, but I know it has been an issue since they have changed the scheduler. The next primary release of 1.8 we are replacing the scheduler completely and not utilizing the Windows scheduler since it has been problematic :/

Is this the first that you've worked with Logicity or was it working prior and an upgrade has prevented it from working?

Thanks!
Brian

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 14:53 #1679

• lynbarr
I have worked with Logicity in the past, with other customers. (I am a consultant.)

This particular scenario is a new purchase & fresh install of v1.7. They have never had Logicity in their environment before.

Thanks for taking a look. I am still working on it, and nothing I do is working.

I can get the scheduler to return a "success" message in a couple of different ways, but it never actually runs the rrd, which means the emails never actually get sent.

Thanks again!
Lyn

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 14:55 #1680

• bellis
As a test could you also try removing the --quiet flag just to see if it's causing an issue?

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 15:03 #1681

• lynbarr
I did, and it wasn't. :-(

Scheduler not working 14 Oct 2014 15:17 #1682

• lynbarr
I got it to work!!

In case it helps someone else:

On the General tab, I left the "Configure for" setting as-is. << Not sure if that made a difference here, or not, but since it works, I'm leaving it.

In the Actions, the program/script is simply "C:\filepath\filename.rrd" << Note that the parentheses were required for me, because I had spaces in my filename.

Also in the Actions, the Start In was (without parentheses) C:\filepath <<Note that there is no ending backslash. As with the other setting, it may have worked with or without the backslash, but since it works the way it defaulted, I'm leaving it.

At least I can cross this off my list! If anyone reads this thread and has questions, feel free to post a reply and I can clarify anything that is needed.

~Lyn

Scheduler not working 21 Nov 2014 19:47 #1726

• RonMoses
Thanks for this info, Lyn. I upgraded to 1.8 yesterday, and suddenly none of my scheduled tasks were emailing. I took a look at the tasks that Logicity 1.7 created and they looked like this:

Program/script: C:\Reporting\RRD\downtime NASO.rrd
Add arguments: [empty]
Start in: C:\Reporting\RRD

I created a new task with 1.8, and it looks like this:

Program/script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe
Add arguments: --quiet "C:\Reporting\RRD\downtime NASO.rrd"
Start in: C:\Reporting\RRD

This still didn't run, and I had to go into the task and manually add quotes around the Program/script. Now it's working. So now I have about 60 scheduled tasks that I have to go into one-by-one and update to this format. Fun stuff.

I look forward to the new Logicity scheduler!

Scheduler not working 21 Nov 2014 19:49 #1727

• bellis
What version of 1.8 are you running? That should be corrected in the new version.

The new scheduler will certainly help a lot!

Thanks!
Brian

Scheduler not working 21 Nov 2014 20:35 #1728

• RonMoses
I'm on 1.8.6.0. I downloaded it yesterday.

Ron

Scheduler not working 21 Nov 2014 20:37 #1729

• bellis
And these are new scheduled tasks? Or they were scheduled before? I just wanted to be sure because I think that new scheduled items should be automatically escaping the path, but we've found the scheduler between versions of Windows seems to act a bit different and I wanted to be sure I had squashed that bug.
  • Page: